FITR and USAID Activity for youth who actively create opportunities with a new challenge for "Establishment of a training center for green jobs"

The Innovation and Technological Development Fund announced today a new challenge for “Establishment of a training center for green jobs”. The challenge is being implemented in partnership with USAID’s Youth Empowerment who actively create opportunities, implemented by Advancing Economies for Stronger Communities (IESC) in partnership with the Youth Education Forum and the Center for Entrepreneurship and Managerial Development.

The goal of the challenge is to establish a Green Jobs Training Hub, conceived as a central facility dedicated to providing comprehensive training for the development of skills for young people in various sectors related to green jobs. such as: solar panel installer, hydroelectric plant operator, bioenergy specialist, electric vehicle (EV) technician, and waste reduction educator. With the realization of this challenge it is expected to help bridge the gap between the demand for green-skilled workers and the availability of appropriately trained youth.

For this challenge, the total budget is 60 thousand USD, in Denar equivalent, of which 40 thousand USD is provided by the Fund, while 20 thousand USD is provided by USAID – Youth actively create opportunities. Through this call, financing is provided up to 90% of the total budget of the project, and the remaining 10% is provided by the user. The duration of the project can be up to 12 months.

Interested applicants are encouraged to submit project proposals that focus on establishing a green jobs training center that will equip individuals between the ages of 15 and 34 with basic skills for green jobs and provide valuable career guidance and mentoring, in order to facilitate their integration into the labor market. In addition, each proposal should enable review of plans to train a minimum of 200 individuals across a spectrum of at least two different green job roles over the duration of the project and successfully facilitate job creation for at least 25% of participants.

Eligible applicants for the challenge are companies, professional or business associations, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), training providers and partners of the above organizations .All Applicants are required to be constituted formally, recognized and without objections (law remarks) by the relevant authorities of North Macedonia, as well as to be in accordance with all valid civil and fiscal regulations.

In terms of the activities that are eligible and the costs that are eligible for funding under the challenge, include: the establishment of the Training Center for Green Jobs, salaries and costs of manpower, expertise and consultancy services, implementation of training and office and business support.

All received projects will go through the following evaluation process: administrative check of the submitted documents, first evaluation of the project proposal and selection of the best project proposals, after a previous presentation of the project in front of the Evaluation and Selection Commission.

The final decision is made by the Evaluation and Selection Committee, which consists of one representative each from: FITR, USAID Youth Action, Active Opportunity Creation, the business sector, the academic community, and partner organizations.

Criteria on the basis of which the Evaluation and Selection Commission will be guided in evaluating project proposals are: quality of proposal – the project, capacity of the project team, impact, secured additional funding, networking, promotion and sustainability.

The application is exclusively electronic, and we expect project proposals no later than January 19, 2024, by 2:00 p.m. Additional information about the challenge can be obtained at the following link: or contact us at the following e-mail address: