Pursuant to Article 31, paragraph 3 of the Law on Innovation Activity (Official Gazette of the Republic of Macedonia No. 79/13, 137/13, 41/14, 44/15, 6/16, 53/16, 190/16 and 64/18), the Management Board of the Fund for Innovations and Technology Development in Skopje announces
International Call for Selection of Members of the Committee for Approval of Investments of the Fund for Innovations and Technology Development
Information about the Institution:
The Fund for Innovations and Technology Development aims to promote and stimulate innovation activities, improve access to financial support for innovations, develop infrastructure for innovations and technological development and foster the development of partnerships between academia, the research community and the private sector in the Republic of North Macedonia. The Fund will stimulate innovation activities and their inclusion in the mainstream private sector (commercialization) in order to build a competitive, knowledge-based economy.
The Fund will pursue its objectives by providing co-financed grants for newly established companies start-up and spin-off; co-financed grants for commercialization of innovations; co-financed grants for technology extension; co-financed grants for establishment, operation and investments of business-technology accelerators; co-financed grants for technology development; co-financed grants for professional development and practice for newly employed young people; equity and mezzanine investments; and support for establishment of private investment funds.
The Fund will announce a separate public call for each award of funds for innovative projects.
The Fund is seeking 3 (three) members of the Committee for Approval of Investments that would be selected and discharged by the Government of the Republic of North Macedonia.
The term of office for 3 (three) Committee members is 3 (three) years.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Members of the Committee for Approval of Investments (“the Committee”) will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- To review and evaluate the project proposals submitted to them for all instruments for support provided by the Fund,
- Takes a final decision for financing projects under all the support instruments of the Fund;
- Takes decision for temporary suspension of the financing of projects under all the support instruments of the Fund;
- Takes decision for termination of the financing of projects under all the support instruments of the Fund;
- Takes decision for termination of a contract for financing projects under all the support instruments of the Fund;
- Evaluates the work of the manager/managers of the accelerator/accelerators;
- Takes decision regarding equity and mezzanine investments;
- Takes decision for selection of a company to manage for the Fund for equity and mezzanine investments; and proposal for support for establishing private investment funds and
- Decides on other issues in accordance with the statute and the Law.
Members of the Committee will be adequately remunerated for their work in the Committee and their travel costs will be covered.
Candidates for members of the Committee must meet the following criteria:
- Should be experts with at least ten (10) years of international experience in the area of investments in innovations. Experience in private business will be given preference;
- Should have at least a university (bachelor’s) degree. Advanced degrees (Masters or PhD) in economics, business administration, finance, public policy, science and engineering will be given preference;
- Should have excellent written and spoken communication skills in English. Knowledge of Macedonian and/or another official language of the European Union will be considered an advantage;
- Should be flexible in terms of business travel to the Republic of North Macedonia for the purpose of participating in meetings of the Committee and
- Should not be subject to security measures for prohibition to perform profession, activity or duty and criminal law proceedings.
In addition to the above, applicants should meet the following requirements:
- Possession of an in-depth understanding of innovation-related activities and keeping up with the latest developments in innovation-related activities;
- Excellent business judgment and evaluation and analytical decision-making skills;
- Ability for teamwork and respecting deadlines;
- Knowledge of the economic conditions in developing countries.
Applicants should submit their CVs with an attached recent photograph and a letter of motivation written in English language no later than 24/11/2023 to the following e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org The letter is to be referenced to Mr. Mirche Janev, authorized person for receipt of applications.
Applicants are to clearly state their nationality in their applications. Applications must not exceed five pages.
Note: Applications will be evaluated by an independent and professional commission.
All applicants who fulfil the selection criteria will be contacted.
Link to the international call: https://www.exec-appointments.com/job/1698661/members-of-the-committee-for-approval-of-investments-of-the-fund/