The aim of the support instrument Co-financed Grants for Commercialization of Innovations (hereinafter referred to as “the Instrument”) is to encourage increased activities for research and development in the private sector, to encourage cooperation within the private sector and between the private sector and the higher educational and scientific institutions, as well as other forms of collaboration for commercialization of innovations
The instrument is intended for micro, small and medium-sized enterprises and private healthcare institutions ( here inafter reffered to as “PHI” ) that intend to develop an innovative product, service or process either on their own or in collaboration with another enterprise, higher educational institution or scientific-research institution or PHI. The instrument offers financial support for enterprises and PHI registered in the Republic of Macedonia in order to develop and implement innovative solutions, including support for enterprises and PHI that have high growth potential.
The support through this instrument shall be granted to projects with a clear commercialization objective, which are in the phase of prototype (or appropriate phase depending on the type of innovative product, service, process) up to pre-commercial (close-to-market) phase.
Under this instrument, the Fund for Innovations and Technology Development (hereinafter referred to as “the Fund”) shall provide the following financial support:
- For micro and small-sized enterprises financing of up to 70% of the total project budget, for medium-sized enterprises financing of up to 60% of the total project budget and
- For PHI whose average number of employees is up to 50 people and whose annual income in the last two years does not exceed 2.000.000 euros in MKD counter value financing of up to 70% of the total project budget and
- For PHI whose average number of employees is up to 250 and whose annual income in the last two years does not exceed 10.000.000 euros in MKD counter value, financing of up to 60% of the total project budget of the project.
Regardless of the size of the enterprise (micro, small or medium-sized enterprise), that is, the realized income / number of employees in the PHI, the maximum amount of financial support from the Fund can not exceed the amount of 325,000 Euros in MKD counter value according to the average exchange rate of the National Bank of the Republic of Macedonia on the day of payment.
The applicant shall provide the remaining amount of the total project budget.
Funds received from the Fund on any other ground or any other forms of state aid shall not be considered eligible funds for co-financing by the applicant.
Eligible for funding under this instrument are applicants who fulfill the following criteria:
- To be a trade company established in accordance with the Law on Trade Companies and registered in the Central Registry of the Republic of Macedonia or а private healthcare institution, founded in accordance with the Law on Institutions and registered in the Central Registry of the Republic of Macedonia; -
- To be a micro, small or medium-sized enterprise or private healthcare institution (of up to 250 employees); -
- to be in the majority Macedonian ownership (50.1% or more);
- To be in ownership of a physical person/s and / or micro, small or medium-sized enterprise (with a Macedonian majority ownership structure of 50.1% or more) and / or higher education or scientific research institution (of up to 20% ownership structure), and in case of a PHI applicant, to be in ownership of a physical person and / or a legal entity whose annual incomes in the last two years do not exceed EUR 10.000.000 in denar counter value and the average number of employees is up to 250 empoloyees and / or higher education or scientific research institution (Equity in the applicant by 20%);
- The annual income of the applicant does not exceed 10,000,000.00 (ten million) EUR, according to the financial statements for the previous two fiscal years;
- Not affiliated with another enterprise or PHI whose total annual incomes exceed EUR 10,000,000.00 in the privious two fiscal years, except in the case of a capital connection with a higher education or scientific research institution; -
- no bankruptcy procedure or a liquidation procedure has been initiated against it;
- to have settled due liabilities on the basis of public duties and contributions;
- not to have initiated enforcement procedures for collection of due monetary claims against it;