FITD and Roche Macedonia with a new hackathon for innovative solutions in e-health

Fund for Innovation and Technological Development announced a call for participation in the first hackathon "E-Health" which will seek creative solutions to improve the health of citizens. The project is implemented within the FITD Corporate Innovation Program, in cooperation with the second corporate partner Roche Macedonia and the Ministry of Health.

 

The hackathon "E-Solutions for better health with FITD and Roche" will require innovative mobile applications or a website to better manage the health care system, prevent, better manage high-risk patient groups and reduce the risk of malignancies. The selected solutions will be fully and free of charge available to all citizens of the Republic of Northern Macedonia, at least within one year after the completion of the project.

"Through the Corporate Innovation Program, we have encouraged the most successful and that is why I am proud that one of the largest pharmaceutical companies globally, Roche Macedonia is our second corporate partner. According to the research we conducted for the startup ecosystem in our country, in the last few years health is an industry that is growing rapidly and the number of innovative solutions is growing. This is one of the reasons why FITD continues to stimulate startup companies in this branch through its programs. I believe that in the hackathon we will get creative solutions that will more easily overcome the consequences of the pandemic and will contribute to the preservation of health, especially in the female population. On this occasion, I call on other companies to join the Corporate Innovation Program and jointly contribute to accelerated digitalization in all industries and bring our country closer to positioning as a regional startup hub" said Kosta Petrov, director of the Fund for Innovation and Technology development.

The total budget is 30 thousand euros, which is the maximum amount for financing an individual project proposal. FITD provides 49% of the funds, while the remaining 51% are from Roche Macedonia.

 

For Roche Macedonia, only with such partnerships a change can be made for the better in an ever-changing world. "Cooperation between the pharmaceutical industry and technology companies is a crucial driver for the future of the healthcare system. We live in an era of personalized medicine, where instead of having one therapy for all, there are now effective therapies targeted at a specific group of patients. In this process, digital technologies become an accompanying tool in the treatment and monitoring of patients because they integrate data from many sources, data from health professionals and patients themselves to create personalized and more effective decisions for the treatment of patients, said Aleksandra Ivanovska, director of Roche Macedonia.

Companies or teams consisting of at least two and the most five individuals can apply for the FITD call. For best results during the hackathon, it is recommended that each application team have at least one IT engineer (programmer), a nature or medical science person, a designer, and a person with business experience.

Based on the submitted draft concepts, the Evaluation and Selection Committee will make a pre-selection of the participants in the hackathon. The pre-selected participants (proposal-concepts) from the period from June 25th to 27th, 2021 will be part of a 48-hour online hackathon, in which with expert support from FITD, Roche Macedonia and the e-health Administration, will develop a prototype or demo version of the solution. At the end of the hackathon, the teams will present their solutions to the Committee, followed by the final selection and selection of the winner (winners).

The awarded legal entities will be obliged with the allocated funds within 60 days from the day of signing the contract with FITD to prepare and launch a working version of the decision.

The application deadline is June 17th, 2021 until 2:00 PM. The hackathon will take place online from June 25-27, 2021.

All interested can get additional information at: https://fitr.mk/hakatonzdravstvo/  https://fitr.mk/hakatonzdravstvo/

The video from the press conference is on the following link